Kennel Technician Position Available
Houston Veterinary Hospital is a small animal hospital seeking a qualified Kennel technician with previous animal handling experience. Candidate must be self-motivatedindividual with a great attitude and a team player.
- Bring animals to and from the kennel during check-in and check-out times
- Walks boarding animals 3X daily.
- Feeds boarding animals 2X daily, medications if needed.
- Cleans boarding rooms and floors at least 2X daily.
- Keeps up with laundry from boarding, clinic, and grooming (towels, bedding, and surgical gowns) throughout the day.
- Cleans the break room.
- Prepares and cleans surgical equipment to be autoclaved.
- Cleans up parking lot 2X weekly.
- Clean water bowls 1X daily; clean food bowls 2X daily.
- Pick-up trash and dog waste in back yard weekly including runs.
- Clean bathroom daily.
- Bath hospitalized animals before picked up.
- Assist in other tasks when time permits.
Knowledge: High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
Experience: Animal handling & husbandry experience highly recommended.
Physical Skill: Be able to lift up to 45 – 50 lbs. Job entails physical activity such as walking, bending, and lifting.
Job Type: Hours range from 35-40 hours per week. Candidate must be able to work on the weekends and some holidays.